Thursday, December 16, 2010

Newbie!

This is my first play at having my own blog! Whilst I have followed quite a few ( hi, Dale @ Thread Studio!), I have never felt that my life was interesting enough to bother telling the wicked world of the web all about it!

As your will soon gather, if anyone bothers to read this missive I tend to use exclamation marks a great deal; am obsessed with U2 (which has recently been saited - two spectacular shows at Docklands - yes, I did go to both and had quality mother and daughter time, into the bargain!); and love, love, love, anything to do with textiles...reading about them, touching them, dying them, sewing them, embroidering them, burning them...I think that you get the idea! I should also confess to a book addiction and I do tend to have a spectactular supply of 'stuff' to use in the aim of great textile art, a la Beaney and Littlejohn, Design Matters and, again, Dale Rollerson!

I am currently enrolled in Linda and Laura Kemshall's C&G course for Creative Quiltmaking (yes, I do that too!), which I mainly enrolled in, to get over my phobia of sketchbooks, drawing, planning and designing work.  I will use this blog to let the cyberworld know my progress, or not!

It would be nice to know if someone bothered to read this, but then maybe it's just the act of putting our there that is the most important!:)

2 comments:

  1. welcome Jen - see - I found you - and look forward to seeing what you get up to - and yes - hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Dale

    It's nice to be found in the vast, mystical realms of cyberspace! I taught myself to add links this morning and yours was the first I added...photos not so successful, but this is a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete