Sunday, March 11, 2012

A funny day!

As I was reminded this week (thanks, Amo!), I have been absent from the bloggersphere for quite a while now! A few reasons...firstly, had to find a way to change my email address on this blog (VERY difficult!!!) and i've only just succeeded today. It's only taken me a month! One has to be very creative in the questions one asks blogger help!

I have been cleaning out my stash today, Can you have too much stuff?? I have turfed a lot of scrappy fabric which realistically will not be used. Magazines are a bit harder. I will admit I am a hoarder and have copies of Quilting Arts and Cloth Paper Scissors (not to mention Studios, Stitch etc.). QA dating back to about issue 5 or 6 and CPS all issues. I really need to edit my collection, but don't want to send them to the recycling centre. And no, I don't have any friends who would like them! :( Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted. As for Aust Smocking and Embroidery, at least I only have the copies with dresses I made for Allison...should I take the individual patterns out though?

Congratulations to Amo on completing Design Matters C & G Creative Quilting! Check out her fantastic work at their Creative Quiltmaking gallery. I'd have put in a picture, but not sure of the copyright issues. My C & G work has been nonexistent, though I feel that with starting to clear out some 'stuff' (wool to go next!) it will help clear my mind to get back into it. I've had the images of butterflies, but will need a return trip to the museum for some better photos and some drawing time. 

I have at lease done some sewing. I made a top from the book ShapeShape:


I love Japanese style. The unusual cut and manipulation of fabric is beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Whoo, you're back!! I hope the new email is not set to no reply like the last one! lol

    Two things re the mags. First go through the and cut out the pieces you want to keep and put them in a notebook/journal/scrapbook. Why keep hold of loads of dead adverts? Yes you do throw the rest of the mag away afterwards. OR sell them on eBay. I know back issues are sold at shows for not much less than cover price so they must have a market for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reply function is working fine,!
      I've started goong through the mags ans have cut out some patterns etc. i'm not sure about ebay... May just turf the QA & CPS!

      Delete