Saturday, January 15, 2011

Puppy Stuff!

Went with Allison to buy 'stuff' for the new pup: new bowl, a tiny red collar, ball on a rope, and Kong for her to chew!

Finally, got back to quilting the big quilt that has been sitting here for too long! I just had to let go the 'it has to be perfect'...it will be as perfect as it is and that is that. It was just a great sense of relief to begin stitching it again, a few stitches at a time.

Read Anna Goldsworthy's book, Piano Lessons and would highly recommend it! It made me want to dig out my very old copy of JS Bach's Minuet from Anna Magdalena's notebook, but couldn't find it...so headed to Allans and bought a copy, with Beethoven's Fur Elise, easy version. I was never allowed to learn it when I was a kid, so now is as good a time as any. It will be on the electronic keyboard, but the piano sound is fine and I feel a little bit inspired!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen, Welcome to Blog world!! I caught your post on Edwina's blog and popped over to have a look. I'm doing the C&G too.

    Cute pup too, I hope she becomes as great a sewing companion as my Jack Russell is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amo!

    We pick puppy up next week and I'm sure that she will enjoy some creative time together.

    I hope that the C&G course is going well and you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete